Down South Access (Pty) Ltd operates an IRATA training facility and oﬀers accredited International IRATA Rope Access, Fall Arrest and Rescue courses in Cape Town, South Africa. DSA oﬀers a turnkey solution to trainees, companies and corporate by facilitating and oﬀering a full meet and greet service, accommodation and transport. Special payment terms and ﬁnance is on oﬀer to approved students and trainees.
Rope Access Technicians are grouped into three technical grades depending on their experience and level of assessment.
This is a rope access Technician who is able to perform a speciﬁed range of rope access tasks under the supervision of a Level 3 rope access safety supervisor. He/she is:
- able to understand and follow the rope access procedures, method statements and associated risk assessments;
- responsible for pre-use checks of his/her own rope access equipment;
- able to assist in rigging and other operations, under the guidance of a higher grade;
- able to undertake a simple rescue in descent, and assist in rescue operations.
This is an experienced rope access Technician who is able to perform more complex tasks under the supervision of a Level 3 rope access safety supervisor. He/she is:
- able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required of Level 1;
- capable of more complex rigging, including re-belays, deviations and tensioned lines;
- able to undertake rescues from a variety of situations;
- able to assemble and implement hauling systems.
This is an experienced rope access Technician who is responsible for understanding and implementing the rope access procedures, method statements and associated risk assessments, and:
- is able to demonstrate the skills and knowledge required of Levels 1 and 2;
- understands the elements and principles of IRATA International’s safe system of work;
- is conversant with relevant work techniques and legislation;
- has an extensive knowledge of advanced rope access rigging and rescue techniques;
- holds an appropriate and current ﬁrst-aid certiﬁcate.
DSA oﬀers a unique 360 CCTV function in its training venue which is used as a teaching aid and provides instant feedback to trainees. This footage is used to demonstrate any faults or techniques that a trainee needs to perfect. The facility is available and operates on a 24/7 principle to meet client and trainee needs. Live video link and training footage is available to companies and corporate clients, by special request.